Though conceived in 1995 and implemented in 2001, the necessity for a nation-wide Midday meal scheme in schools for children suffering from malnutrition has been there even in pre-independence era. Though designed to be a supplementary program, midday meal has since proved to be an attraction for children and a motivation for parents to send their kids to school.
Subhajit takes his lens to the heart of this - enjoy the story....
Created with flickr slideshow.
Ph: +91 9831182521
“We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are.” - Anaïs Nin
For me, it’s not just taking photographs, but creating stories through images. The message could be an emotion, a feeling, a belief or a particular world-view. These photos are more than just assortments of objects, people, and features – they convey a personal vision. To an audience, an image only becomes more than itself when it successfully captures and propagates that feeling and vision conforming to their own self.
A small list of contests and exhibitions which motivated me during my starting years:
1. Lalit Kala Academy Lucknow Acceptance 2008.
2. Winner of "Docomo Section"- Docomo NatGeo Moments Awards 2010.
3. Lonely planet 2010: Accepted my photographs for 100 Millionth.
4. Won Guidebooks mosaic photography competition.
5. Popular Photography 2010: Photo published in Regular section November edition.
6. Popular Photography 2011: Winner of “Your Best Shot” Category April edition.
7. Jeevika Photography Competition 2011: Photo selected and exhibited at the India Habitat Centre Delhi.
1. Group show at Lalit Kala Academy, Delhi from 16 to 22 July 2012.
2. Photo Exhibition on Bihar Diwas at Gandhi Maidan, 22 - 24 March 2012, during Celebration of 100 Years of Bihar Foundation Day - sponsored by Bihar Govt.
3. Group Show at Birla Academy-Kolkata in August 2011.
4. Group show at Photographers' gallery, Kolkata in July 2008.
5. Group show at Information center Kolkata.